Please note that we would prefer to receive emails requesting information or
additional orders to come from Managers or Coaches only.
The format for the event this year will be:
Friday 30th September
– Practice rounds commencing at 12pm
Saturday 1st October
– 2 X Showhunter rounds commencing at 8:30am, 1 Handy Hunter round
Sunday 2nd October
– 1 X Showhunter round commencing at 8:30am, 1 Equitation round
1. IMPORTANT: The automatic gate off Bergin Road is no longer
automated and is now operated by manual sliding, please ensure
this is kept shut at all times.
2. Team Helpers: Each team is asked to steward at least one round over the
weekend. Managers must provide two people to steward one round together and
two people to help with a ring change. Those stewarding Friday practise
rounds must report to the office no later than 11.30. On Saturday and
Sunday stewards must report at least 30 minutes before the round
3. Pony Breeders: For those that have not already done so, please ensure that if
you wish to be considered for the Pony Breeder Sash please bring your pony
registration certificate or a copy, and show it to the officials at the event to
ensure authenticity and correct eligibility. You can email a copy of the certificate
4. Morgan Association: For those that have not already done so, please ensure
that if you wish to be considered for the Morgan Association Sash please
bring your pony registration certificate or a copy, and show it to the officials
at the event to ensure authenticity and correct eligibility. You can also email a
copy of the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Dispensation for Draft Riders: As per our draft rider protocol, we require
dispensation from your DC and the draft DC prior to the event.
6. Practice Rounds: Start at 12 pm sharp. Timetable details will be posted on the
website and emailed to all Managers. Stewards to report to the office no later than
7. Yard Plan: Will be available at a later date and will be posted on the website
and emailed out to Managers. You may not have the same yards as previous years
so please check the plan when it is published. Roping off of parking areas will not
be permitted under any circumstances. Please be considerate of the facilities and
other teams when parking due to limited space.
8. Team Packs: These will be available at the event office for collection on Friday
morning. All team packs must be collected before 11:30am on
Friday. NO team pack will be handed out until four named helpers for the team
have been provided and all outstanding amounts paid in full.
9. ID Tags: These are for the horses. Horses must have an ID tag attached to the
halter or bridle on at all times while on the grounds, displaying the rider’s back
number. This is a safety requirement for the duration of the event.
10. Cap Orders: Due to Covid uncertainty we may not be printing the date on them
this year. There will be a limited number available at the event.
11. Draft Riders: If your team situation changes and you require a draft, let us
know as soon as possible. If we require riders it will be posted on our
website. For those that wish to put draft riders forward, we require a
performance history of the rider/mount combination. Please refer to
our website for “Draft Rider Protocol”.
12. Hay: Is available to order through Equestrian Entries with your teams entry, $15/bale hay. Place your order by the 22nd September and It will be delivered on site on the Friday.
13. There will be a food caravans on site on Friday for the evening and coffee cart both days
14. Please make your team aware of our website and facebook page; we will be
updating the information regularly.
Please note: All users enter the grounds at their own risk. Neither the
Manawatu Pony Club Inc or Foxton Racecourse accept any liability for any loss, damage, accident, injury or illness to ponies, horses, riders or any other persons or property including vehicles whatsoever.
FOXTON RACECOURSE HAS BANNED ALL DOGS FROM THE GROUNDS. AS A RESULT OF THIS, TEAM DISQUALIFICATION WILL APPLY TO THOSE THAT BREAK THE BAN