Please note that we would prefer to receive emails requesting information or additional orders to come from Managers or Coaches only.
The format for the event this year will be:
- Friday 2nd October
- Practice rounds commenting at 12pm
- Saturday 3rd October
- 4 X Showhunter rounds commencing at 8:30am
- Sunday 4th October
- 1 X Showhunter round commencing at 8:30am
Equitation rounds will be spread over the two days of competition
- IMPORTANT: The automatic gate off Bergin Road is no longer automated and is now operated by manual sliding, please ensure this is kept shut at all times.
- Team Helpers: Each team is asked to steward at least one round over the weekend. Managers must provide two people to steward one round together. Please reply via email to email@example.com with the category and round you wish to steward. There is a practice round on Friday requiring 1 set of stewards. There are 4 rounds for each category on Saturday requiring 16 sets of stewards and 1 round for each category on Sunday requiring 4 sets of stewards. As we require 24 rounds to be covered and have only 22 teams entered, we ask for 2 teams to cover 2 rounds. Those stewarding Friday practise rounds must report to the office no later than 11.30. On Saturday and Sunday stewards must report at least 30 minutes before the round starts.
- Pony Breeders: For those that have not already done so, please ensure that if you wish to be considered for the Pony Breeder Sash please bring your pony registration certificate or a copy, and show it to the officials at the event to ensure authenticity and correct eligibility. You can email a copy of the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Morgan Association: For those that have not already done so, please ensure that if you wish to be considered for the Morgan Association Sash please bring your pony registration certificate or a copy, and show it to the officials at the event to ensure authenticity and correct eligibility. You can also email a copy of the certificate to email@example.com.
- Dispensation for riders on Two Mounts: As per our website FAQ’s, point 4, we require dispensation from your DC advising that by riding two mounts the rider is not displacing another rider, and that you are complying with the five rally rule.
- Dispensation for Draft Riders: As per our draft rider protocol sent with the entry form we require dispensation from your DC and the draft DC prior to the event.
- Practice Rounds: Start at 12 pm sharp. Timetable details will be posted on the website. Stewards to report to the office no later than 11.30 am.
- Yard Plan: Will be available at a later date and will be posted on the website. You may not have the same yards as previous years so please check the plan when it is published. Roping off of parking areas will not be permitted under any circumstances. Please be considerate of the facilities and other teams when parking due to limited space.
- Team Packs: These will be available at the event office for collection on Friday morning. Any additional caps, ID tags or programmes ordered can be collected with the team pack and paid for at the time of collection. All team packs must be collected before 11:30am on Friday. NO team pack will be handed out until two named helpers for the team have been provided and all outstanding amounts paid in full.
- ID Tags: These are for the horses. Horses must have an ID tag attached to the halter or bridle on at all times while on the grounds, displaying the rider’s back number. This is a safety requirement for the duration of the event. Zilco sell 3 & 4 digit ID tags which can be pre-ordered at $10 each if required. There will be a limited number of tags available for sale at the event.
- Cap Orders: These must be finalised no later than Sunday 20th September. If you wish to order caps, please do so before the event. There will be a limited number available at the event.
- Event Programmes Orders: Programmes may be ordered prior to the event at a cost of $6. Programmes purchased at the event are $8.00.
- Draft Riders: If your team situation changes and you require a draft, let us know as soon as possible. If we require riders it will be posted on our website. For those that wish to put draft riders forward, we require a performance history of the rider/mount combination. Please refer to our website for “Draft Rider Protocol”.
- Hay: Hay will be available for sale on the ground. Please pre-order by emailing you requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment must be received before collection. Collection Friday morning from 9.30 – 11.30 am.
- Sawdust: If you require sawdust for yards, we do not provide this, you must organise this directly with the supplier.
There will be a food caravan on site for the duration of the weekend. They will be able to stay open for a couple of hours in the evenings to offer fresh battered fish & chips, burgers, steak & eggs, or sausage & eggs etc for those that may require it.
Please make your team aware of our website; we will be updating the information regularly as the event gets closer.
Please note: All users enter the grounds at their own risk. Neither the Manawatu Pony Club Inc or Foxton Racecourse accept any liability for any loss, damage, accident, injury or illness to ponies, horses, riders or any other persons or property including vehicles whatsoever.
FOXTON RACECOURSE HAS BANNED ALL DOGS FROM THE GROUNDS. AS A RESULT OF THIS, TEAM DISQUALIFICATION WILL APPLY TO THOSE THAT BREAK THE BAN